So for those of you that haven’t played God of War III yet, I’ll take my shot at a review. First, I want to say that I really liked the story and the idea for the game, but this was the most frustrating game I’ve played since Wet and boy was that a terrible game. To make this one easy, I’ll break it down into a list of pros and cons.
- *Fighting* gameplay was great
- Story was awesome
- Game difficulty for *fighting* parts was spot on
- *Fighting* parts were fun
Can you see where I’m going with this? Yup, you guessed it. The fighting parts were fun. Everything else? Pretty crappy.
- Controls were annoyingly inaccurate. (This may be the difference between a wired and wireless controller. I normally run a wired controller to my Xbox 360, which I play most often.)
- Platforming aspect of the game seemed more difficult than the fighting portions. (Again, this was mostly because of the poor control set-up for these parts.)
- Overall, the game just didn’t mesh for me. It was clearly missing something and it let me down the entire time.
I don’t know, maybe I had high expectations, maybe I’d forgotten the last couple God of War games, maybe I’m just having a bad week. But at the end of the day I just wasn’t feeling this game. It wasn’t as fun for me as I remembered the last couple to be and it is certainly a game that I would like to return and wait until I could find a used copy for $15-20. Sorry to all the God of War fans out there, but I’m scoring this one a 7/10, and giving it a pass even at the $40 price tag the game sells for now. If you do want to pick it up here’s a linkor what I would recommend, grab it from Gamefly. Oh, and PS kids out there, this one isn’t for you. Big time no go for the children in the crowd.